Friday, July 01, 2005

 

Yosemite



Yosemite is a place that reminds me of how extraordinary creator's imagination is. I constantly find myself thinking "Wow, I wouldn't have thought of that" but in a way I did/am/do. On Tuesday afternoon I hiked to the top of Half Dome pulling myself up the cables that lead to the top in the late afternoon when all the people had left. A marmot, three other people and I had the privilege of experiencing the awe of this spot in the silence of the wind and river below. After the sun had lifted her cloaks off the land I hiked out by moonlight. Words do not do justice to the grandeur and awe of Yosemite or to the amount of people who visit there. Amazingly, cars are still allowed in the valley and the traffic reminded me of an LA freeway at 7:30 in the morning; I felt irresponsible for having driven a car into such a sacred space. If Yosemite weren�t so spectacular I would never go there again.



Bridal Vail








Nevada Falls in the moonlight





Back Country from Half Dome







Yosemite Falls













Merced River in the valley





Bridal Vail Falls





Merced River leaving the valley



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?